Eligibility for entitled Free School Meals
Even though children in Reception, year 1 and year 2 will get free school meals from September 2014, if in the future your family meets the criteria for gaining entitlement to “Free School Meals” please still apply. The school receives significant extra money, currently £900 for each child entitled to Free School Meals through the application system. This extra money has helped the school in offering additional learning support time for groups in the afternoon, support towards residentials and purchasing equipment for classes such as the new Numicom equipment and Project X books. If you are interested in how this money is spent and the impact that it is having, there is a detailed analysis linked to the Pupil Premium page on our school website.
If parents or carers are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income based jobseekers allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- During the initial roll out of the benefit, Universal Credit
If at any time your family meets this criteria, please see Mrs Reynolds and she will give advice on paperwork needed and how to fill in the application.