- Football League – our team finished 3rd in Cluster
- Indoor Athletics – our team finished 6th in Cluster
- Tag Rugby – our team finished 5th in Cluster
- Basketball – our team finished 1st in Cluster (Cluster Champions)
- Netball – our team finished 1st in Cluster (Cluster Champions)
- Swimming Finals – our team finished 2nd in Norfolk (in Cluster team)
- Tennis – Cluster champions – Norfolk finalists
- Gymnastics – Y2 & Y3/4
- Football League – our team finished 4th in Cluster
- Indoor Athletics – our team finished 3rd in Cluster
- Cross Country
- Netball – Cluster Champions – Norfolk finalists – our team finished 3rd in Norfolk
- Cricket – Norfolk finalists – our team finished 8th in Norfolk
- Tennis – Norfolk Champions
- Cricket – County finalists – our team finished 3rd in Norfolk
Whole Class teaching 2013/14
The children gain skills they need for these competitions at school, apply them at competition level and learn what it is like to win and not to win. Key skills for their lives. All pupils have the opportunity to work with two qualified coaches including coaches who are national gymnastics, dance and multi skills from Community Sports (through Norwich football club).
- Term 1 – Dance and Games (all children)
- Term 2 – Gymnastics and Games (all children)
- Term 3 – Swimming (Y3 & other children who can’t swim 25m), Cricket (Y4, 5 and 6), Gymnastics (R,1,2) and Athletics/Games (all children)
PE Thurton_Primary_-_Mondays – CSF curriculum overview
PE Thurton_Primary Fridays – CSF curriculum overview
” As a partner school we work alongside the staff of the school to develop, enhance, and assure the quality of the partnership we have with you whilst working towards our aim of increasing levels of participation, progression and attainment amongst your pupils. CSF provides you with further opportunities to offer a high quality Physical Education and School Sport experience for your pupils.” Community Sports Foundation.
Sportasaurus Star of the Week reward programme to help reward pupils in different areas from our curriculum based delivery. The Sportasaurus star of the week contains a soft Sportasaurs toy and a diary to help reflect on the impact of sport away from the school setting. Each week the winner receives the Sportasaurus and the diary and take home to write about and show them participating in sport outside of school. This has helped make the CSF provision even more cross curricular by the pupils and parents writing / using media such as photos to bring the diary to life. The CSF staff will be working to decide which pupil they feel would deserve the reward. The school presents the award at the Friday celebration assembly.