Training and Support
On this page you will find information about:
- School to School support
- Teaching Training (SNITT)
- Open Days – learning opportunities
- Training opportunities
- Links to other training providers
As an outward facing outstanding school, Thurton C of E Primary, has established a key role in the training and professional development of teachers, support staff and headteachers as well as contributing to the raising of standards through school to school support.
School to school support
As a Local leader of education (LLE), Mrs Williams our headteacher has a track record of effectively supporting other schools with the capacity to work alongside other headteachers to drive forward improvements which can be sustained. The aim of the LLE programme is to improve pupil outcomes through partnership working between schools and academies. Please email Mrs Williams directly for information about availability and fees.
We aim to work collaboratively to improve the quality of teaching and learning and develop great leaders for now and the future by training, facilitating professional learning and coordinating the wide range of expertise within our network of schools.
Trainee teachers – Suffolk & Norfolk Primary SCITT School Direct
Thurton Primary is a partner with Suffolk and Norfolk Initial Teacher Training. Together we offer you:
- Very high quality teacher training – awarded Outstanding at last Ofsted Inspection May 2013
- Rated in the top 20 nationally in the ‘Good Teacher Training Guide’ in 2011 and 2012 (published by Buckingham University)
- A blend of teaching experience in schools informed by substantial centre-based training
- Superb pastoral support from the SCITT team, as well as the opportunity to work with excellent classroom practitioners to enable you to become the best possible NQT
- A Postgraduate Certificate in Education, Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and 60 Masters level credits and the academic support to help you achieve this
- The opportunity to excel in teaching – last year 57% of trainees qualified with a grade of ‘Outstanding’
- Excellent employment prospects – 92% took up teaching posts in September 2013 Support and guidance to find the right job for you.
Thurton Primary School is the Lead School but please note that placements may not take place in the named Lead School but in one of its partnership schools locally.
The schools in the consortium are as follows:
- Thurton C of E Primary School
- Glebelands Community Primary School
- Ditchingham and Gillingham Primary Academy Federation
- Loddon Junior
- Alpington and Bergh Apton C of E Primary School
Please have a look at their websites for further information about each of the schools
For further details about Suffolk and Norfolk Primary SCITT School Direct, please look on the SNITT website www.snitt.co.uk and follow the link to Primary SCITT
Open Days – Learning opportunities
We often have schools ring to come and look around our school. Instead of having lots of individuals, we have three open days per year with a specific theme. If you would like to join us on an Open Day 9-1pm (including lunch), please contact the office – email@example.com The cost of these are £50 each, which includes resources to take away.
- Term 1 – 3 December 2015 – Environments to enable and develop good quality writing.
- Term 2 – TBA
- Term 3 – TBA
If schools would like individual support, leaders of education or Mrs Williams as Headteacher is happy to provide this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. for availability and charges.
We are formed a partnership with Early Excellence and will have dates or training days for Term 2 and 3 available on this website shortly.
Links to other training providers
Thurton Primary offers places to a range of training providers, including City College.