Admissions to school are arranged by Norfolk County Council.
If you would like to apply for a place at Thurton Church of England Primary School, please contact the Admissions department at Norfolk County Council, details below:
Telephone: 0344 800 8020
Fax: 01603 223722
Applications can be made online via the Norfolk County Council Admissions website by clicking here.
If you would like to visit our school to help you make your decision, please telephone to make an appointment.
There are three times per year when Norfolk County Council accept In-Year Transfers (ie. at any time other than the usual admission to Reception class, transfer to junior school or transfer to secondary school.). These are in January, after Easter and after the Summer holidays. To ensure you follow the correct procedure for applications to school, please visit the Norfolk County Council website (see above).
First Admissions to School:
The admission round for entry to reception classes in September 2021 is now open. The closing date for applications is 15 January 2021.
When does a child start school?
- If your child was born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017, they are due to start school in reception class in the school year starting September 2021. Children must be offered a full-time place from September 2021.
- Parents are entitled to defer their child’s admission or request that their child attend on a part-time basis. By law, children must start statutory education full-time no later than the beginning of the term following their fifth birthday.
- You will need to make an application for a reception class place, even if your child currently attends a nursery class at the same school
- Attendance at a nursery attached to a school, does not normally give you any priority for a place at that school
Admission criteria for Thurton C of E VC Primary School
Children who are due to start school and:
- have a statement of special educational needs naming that school
- are in public care or have been adopted
- live in the area served by the school* and who have a sibling attending the school at the time of their admission
- have a disability and live in the area served by the school* (Appropriate professional evidence will be required to confirm the disability)
- live in the area served by the school*
- have been allocated a permanent place at a Specialist Resource Base attached to the school. (Places allocated by Norfolk County Council’s Placement panel)
- live outside the area served by the school who have a brother or sister with a statement of special educational needs attending the school at the time of their admission.
- live outside the area served by the school who have a brother or sister attending the school at the time of their admission
- have a disability and live outside the area served by the school (Appropriate professional evidence will be required to confirm the disability)
- live outside the area served by the school